Cheat’s Chocolate Fondant
- ¼ cup (50g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ½ cup (55g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- ¾ cup (90g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 2 eggwhites
- 100g butter, melted
- 160g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 small squares dark chocolate, extra
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Place the flour, sugar, almond meal, eggwhites, butter and melted chocolate in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon half the mixture into 4 x ½-cup capacity (125ml) lightly greased dariole moulds.
- Divide the extra chocolate squares between the moulds and top with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked but soft in the middle.
- Stand in tins for 5–7 minutes before turning out.