Cheat’s Chocolate éclairs
- 1 cup (250ml) double (heavy) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 12 sponge finger biscuits, halved lengthways
- 125g dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Place the cream, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and whisk gently until thick.
- Place the bases of the biscuits onto a wire rack.
- Spoon on the cream mixture and top with the remaining biscuits.
- Mix together the chocolate and oil.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the tops of the biscuits.