- Zest from ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ cup (120ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) toasted cumin seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh cilantro, leaves and stems chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh parsley, leaves and stems chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon (2ml) hot paprika
- 2 medium eggplants
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- In to the bowl of a food processor, grate lemon zest, squeeze lemon juice, and drizzle in olive oil. Add toasted cumin seeds, cilantro, and parsley. And puree.
- Slice eggplant in half and score flesh with crosshatch cuts.
- Spread the charmoula onto the eggplant and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggplant is tender and golden.