- ½ cup (120ml) pistachios, shelled
- 2 ¼ cups (530ml) water or broth
- ½ teaspoon (2ml) salt
- 2 cups (480ml) couscous
- 1 tablespoons (15ml) olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons (15ml) charmoula (see recipe)
- Fresh mint leaves, for topping
- Add water to a pot and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, and take pot off heat.
- Cover pot and let stand 5 minutes while water is absorbed.
- Use a fork to fluff couscous.
- Transfer couscous to a bowl.
- Add olive oil, red onion, and pistachios and stir in.
- Drizzle with charmoula and top with mint leaves.