French bistro classics from Martha Stewart’s Cooking School… Join Martha as she re-creates four French bistro recipes you can make at home, including lamb navarin, Niçoise salad, croque monsieur, and celery-root remoulade.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 cornichons, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 celery root (about 1 pound) peeled
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried (12 leaves)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, crème fraiche, lemon juice and mustard. Add cornichons, parsley, tarragon, capers and salt; season with pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Using a mandoline, thinly julienne celery root. Fold celery root into dressing. Cover and chill until serving.
- Serve 1/3 cup atop each lettuce leave.