Buttermilk Panna Cotta
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1½ teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) buttermilk
- fresh passionfruit pulp, to serve
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine.
- Set aside until the gelatine has absorbed the water.
- Place the cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the gelatine and stir to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and stir through the vanilla and buttermilk.
- Pour mixture into 4 glasses and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Serve with passionfruit.