Butter beans with Feta
Yudhika Sujanani takes her culinary inspiration from Greece; the fresh aromatic Mediterranean flavours come alive in today’s Menu. She’s preparing Marinated Cumin & Ginger Lamb Chops, a side dish of Butter Beans with Feta & Herbs, a spicy tomato sauce and to finish off the meal a Cinnamon Halva Cake.
- 40ml sunflower oil
- 5ml cumin seeds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained
- 60ml lemon juice
- 100g feta
- Fresh parsley or coriander, to garnish
- Black pepper, to season
- Heat the sunflower oil in a 28cm Chef’s Pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and when they splutter, add the onion slices.
- Season with salt,
- Add the crushed garlic, green chilli and fresh thyme to the side of the pan.
- Stir for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the butter beans and stir gently.
- Add the lemon juice and simmer for a minute.
- Add the feta and parsley.
- Season with black pepper