- 1 cup (240ml) buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon (12ml) brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) vanilla extract
- Zest of ½ orange
- For topping: whipped cream, honey, blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200oF (95oC).
- Add buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk to a second bowl. Crack eggs into bowl and beat. Add melted butter and vanilla and mix in. Add orange zest and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet. Spoon some batter into heated skillet.
- Cook until you see small bubbles coming up on the edges of the pancake. Slide a lifter under the pancake to check. Flip and cook the other side.
- Top with whipped cream, honey, and blueberries.