Brussels Sprout and Havarti Grilled Cheese
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- ½ cup Brussels sprouts, sliced thinly or shaved with a mandoline
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices hearty sourdough bread
- 4 large slices of Havarti cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) whole grain mustard, for topping
- Avocado oil, for frying
- Red pepper flakes
- Drizzle oil in a skillet and heat. Add shallots and saute.
- Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and cook until sprouts are tender and a bit brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Press one side of each of the pieces of bread into avocado oil.
- Top dry side of two slices of sourdough with Brussels sprouts mixture.
- Drizzle on some whole grain mustard.
- Top with Havarti cheese.
- Grill in a skillet, turning, until both sides are brown and cheese is melted.