Broccoli Garlic Soup
- ½ head of garlic, roasted
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, florets chopped, and stalks trimmed, peeled, and chopped
- 3 cups (720ml) vegetable broth
- ¼ cup (60ml) cream
- ½ cup (120ml) spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Cut off top of head of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap in tin foil.
- Roast in oven 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add butter to a pot and heat.
- Add onion, potato, leek, and broccoli, and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add stock and cream. Bring to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Squeeze half of the head of roasted garlic into the pot, add spinach, and cook 5 minutes more.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
- Pour into pitcher. Pour into one half of bowl. At the same time, pour spiced acorn squash soup into the other half of bowl.
- Top with pumpkin seeds.