- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon (1ml) cumin
- ¼ teaspoon (1ml) chili flakes
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ¼ zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 cup (240ml) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 whole wheat tortilla, warmed up
- ¼ cup (60ml) shredded cheese (like Pepper Jack and cheddar cheese)
- ¼ cup (60ml) salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk. Add diced red and green peppers, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and fry. Add zucchini slices and fry.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and lower heat. Add black beans to skillet.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, push egg mixture around skillet to make sure they do not get stuck to the bottom. Cook until there is no liquid, but they are not too dry.
- Warm up tortillas.
- Spoon egg mixture into the middle of the tortilla and sprinkle cheese on top. Top with salsa or pico de gallo and avocado slices. Fold up sides, flip up the bottom, and roll it over.