Makes 16 Bars
- 250g medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 325ml cold water
- 75g goji berries
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 150g brown flaxseeds
- 50g cocoa nibs
- 25g chia seeds
- 25g cornflakes (gluten-free if required)
- 100g organic porridge oats (not instant)
- 1 x 20cm square baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4, and line the bottom and sides of your tin with baking parchment. Pit the dates and tear them with your fingers into a small saucepan, add the cinnamon, cover with the water, bring to the boil and let bubble for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, and beat with a fork until you have a rough purée.
- Put all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl, add the date mixture and mix until everything is combined. I wear a pair of disposable vinyl gloves for this.
- Squodge into your prepared tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until firm and set, and golden on top and darker around the edges. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into pieces.