Braised Chicken Peaches with Lemon Rice
Reuben makes a delicious Braised chicken and peaches served with lemon rice. Decorative Wall renders will be the focus in our makeover and design trends. Reuben will then pair his dish with Creation wines.
- Chicken, peaches and rice:
- 80ml olive oil
- 4 free range chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric and chillie flakes
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 800ml hot chicken stock
- 2 peaches cut into wedges
- 20g butter
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 cardmom pods, bruised
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 400g (2 cups) long grain rice, rinsed
- 1 rind of a lemon
- Start with the chicken:
- In a frying pan heat 20ml oil over medium high heat
- Take the chicken and season with salt and pepper, and seal in the pan until golden brown, set aside.
- Next using a food processor add the garlic, ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and some chilli flakes. Also add half the onion and process until finely chopped.
- Remove and place into a bowl and set aside.
- This process speeds things up. It allows for those flavours to develop faster once it gets cooking and of course we will end up with a smooth sauce.
- Heat 40ml of oil in a casserole dish, add the onion spice mixture and sauté until fragrant.
- Then add the lemon juice, 300ml of chicken stock and lastly the chicken.
- Taste for season and add salt and pepper, now stir, combining the ingredients well together.
- Next, scatter peaches over and spoon a little cooking liquid over to cover them.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid.
- Allow to cook over medium heat for 10mins.
- After 10 mins, remove the lid and cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and peaches are tender, for about 10 -15minutes.
- Now, for the lemon rice:
- Take a casserole and heat the remaining oil and add the butter, cinnamon quills, bruised cardamom pods, bay leaves and remaining onion.
- Stir over medium heat until starting to caramelise.
- Next add rice and stir, now add remaining stock and season to taste.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cover the casserole.
- Remove from the heat and bake in a preheated oven at 200C until the rice is cooked through which takes roughly 15 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven, add the lemon rind, and stir through.
Time to dish up
Serve the braised chicken and peaches with a bed of lemon rice and scatterings of basil
An excellent option for dinner with the family.
- Creation wines
- Syrah Grenache 2013
- Viognier 2014