Prep time – 35min
Cooking time 35 -40 min
- Oil – 3 Tbls
- Pure Butter – Tbls
- Onion x1
- Cumin seeds x1 tsp
- Cumin powder x
- Tumeric powder x1/2 tsp
- Cartwrights curry powder mild (YELLOW BOX) x1 tsp
- Curry powder/Masala (I will bring my own) x1level Tbls
- Sugar x1level tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh coriander x1 pk
- Crushed garlic and ginger x 1/2 tsp
- Woolworths Grabouw Boerewors x 2pks – chopped up
- Koo baked beans x2 tins
- Green chilli x1
- Cloves x3
- Water x 100ml
- Heat the oil and then add the onions, chilli, Pure butter, cumin seeds, and 3 cloves.
- Once onions are slightly brown add the turmeric powder, cartwrights powder and curry powder (masala) and then add water.
- Let this simmer for 10 min and then add your chopped up boerewors.
- Allow to cook for 5 min and then add the garlic and ginger, salt and sugar. Allow to cook for further 10 min.
- Then stir in the baked beans and allow to cook for further 10 min. Taste for salt and add if necessary.
- Now sprinkle your cumin powder on top and close the lid. Allow to simmer for 5 min. After 5 min stir the pot and then top it with fresh coriander.
- SERVE ON A BED OF RICE OR WITH FRESH BREAD!!