Gorgeous freshly made jam (that only takes 5 minutes) on homemade scones on a tray in bed with a cup of tea…How romantic is that?…
Makes about 550ml (19fl ozs)
- 375g (15ozs) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 25ml (1fl oz) water
- 300g (12ozs) sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place a saucer in the fridge.
- Place the blueberries in a saucepan on a medium heat with the water.
- Bring the mixture up to the boil and mash the fruit with a potato masher.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice and stir over a high heat for 5 minutes, then test to see if it’s cooked by placing a small blob on the chilled saucer, leave for 20 seconds and run your finger through the blob.
- If it wrinkles (i.e. forms a skin) then the jam is set.
- Pour into sterilised jars immediately and cover.