Bloomed Wild Rice Salad
- 1 ½ cup (360ml) wild rice
- ¾ cup (180ml) Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup (180ml) celery, chopped
- ¾ cup (180ml) radishes, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup (180ml) peas
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon (22ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) honey
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup (60ml) pine nuts
- Clean wild rice by rinsing and draining. Pour clean rice into a glass container. Add water to cover, filling up to a few inches above rice. Allow rice to soak in the fridge until fully opened. Drain the water, rinse the rice, and refill the container once a day until sprouted.
- When rice is ready, rinse it and add it to a bowl.
- Top with cut vegetables.
- Mix together olive oil, Dijon, honey, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over rice and veggies and toss to coat.
- Top with pine nuts and serve.