Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 4 to 6 ounces or shots of your favourite vodka
- 1 liter can or bottle of Clamato juice
- Lots of ice
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- Dash hot sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash olive oil
- 4 long sprigs of fresh oregano
- 4 artful lemon wedges
- 4 grilled shrimp skewers
- 4 celery stalks with leaves if possible
- 4 parsley sprigs
- Other assorted frills and fancies
- Begin by rimming the glasses. Mix the celery salt and oregano together in a small saucer or side plate. Moisten the rims of 4 cocktail glasses and dip and roll them into the spices to coat. Fill with ice.
- Pour the vodka and Clamato juice into a large pitcher and add horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire, olive oil and oregano.
- Blend with an immersion blender and pour into prepared glasses. Alternatively blend in a food processor or stand blender or simply whisk or stir. A thorough blending not only mixes the works but emulsifies the oil giving the drink a luscious texture.
- Playfully garnish the glasses with the remaining ingredients and your imagination! The more outlandish the better!