Biltong and Corn Quiche
- 400g shortcrust pastry
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 10ml chopped garlic
- 250ml grated cheddar cheese
- 250ml frozen corn
- 45ml chopped parsley
- 50g sliced biltong
- 4 eggs
- 250ml milk or cream
- salt and pepper
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a 22cm quiche pan. Prick the base.
- Cover with a sheet of non stick baking paper, fill with dried baking beans and bake blind at 180°C for 10-15 minutes until pale golden brown.
- Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes to dry out the base.
- Allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Cover the base of the pastry with the cheese.
- Add the cooked onions, corn, parsley and biltong.
- Beat the eggs and cream together and season well.
- Pour into the pastry case and return to the oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes until filling is set. Remove and cool slightly before serving.