Beer Steamed Clams and Grilled Gözleme
- 1 cup (250 ml) Olive oil
- 6 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Red onions, chopped fine
- 8 dozen Small Manila clams, well-scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cans beer (your choice) Kronenberg Blanc or Hoegaarden
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 200 g Natural yogurt
- 1 Pinch salt
- 250 g Self-rising flour
- Canola Oil (for fry pan)
- Start the Gözleme bread. Place yogurt and salt in a large bowl. Gradually add the flour and stir with a butter knife until mixture forms a stiff dough. Knead on a lightly-floured surface, until the dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- Put dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for an hour
- Heat oil in a wok or large stock pot.
- Gently sauté garlic and onions until light golden brown, being careful not to burn them. Place clams in the wok and add butter and pepper. Pour in beer. Cover pot and bring to boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and cook at a simmer until clams open (5-7 minutes)
- Preheat grill pan or frying pan for gözleme
- Roll out chilled dough on a flour-covered surface. Cut into 4 pieces, about 20 cm in length.
Add canola oil to cooking surface and cook the bread until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove clams from the heat. Add fresh parsley and toss. Pour the clams and broth into a large serving bowl and discard any clams that did not open. Serve clams with warmed golden gözleme.