Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 can of your favourite beer
Preheat your BBQ grill to high.
- Meanwhile season the chicken well with plain salt and pepper or with your favourite spice rub.
- Open the can of beer and take a big gulp.
- Perch the chicken onto the open beer can sliding the can inside the cavity so that the bird is sitting upright balanced on its legs with wings at the top.
- Place the chicken on one side of the grill turning the heat to low on that side, leaving the heat on medium high in the rest of the grill.
- Close the lid forming an oven and roast until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Depending on your BBQ this will take from 60 to 90 minutes.