Beacon hill cookies
- 100g 70 per cent dark chocolate
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 50g fruit sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
How to make Beacon hill cookies
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Melt the chocolate over a bain marie or in the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg whites until they reach soft peaks.
- Tablespoon by tablespoon add in the cream of tartar and sugar.
- Fold the cooled chocolate, nuts and vanilla and cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Onto parchment lined baking sheets drop teaspoons full of the mixture onto the parchment leaving 4cm around each dollop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly cracked on top. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.