Barbecued Lamb, Eggplant & Haloumi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 100g lamb leg or rump steaks
- 2 baby eggplant (aubergine), halved
- 150g haloumi, cut into 4 slices
- 1 lemon, halved
- 50g rocket (arugula) leaves
- olive oil, for drizzling
- store-bought tzatziki and char-grilled bread, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine the oil, honey, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and brush over the lamb, eggplant and haloumi.
- Cook the lamb, eggplant and haloumi on the barbecue or char-grill with the lemon, flesh-side down, for 3 minutes each side or until lamb is cooked to your liking, eggplant
is tender and haloumi is golden.
- Divide between serving plates with the rocket leaves and serve with a squeeze of the grilled lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, the tzatziki and char-grilled bread.