This week Peter and Annalien are in entertainment mode so they decide to build a hanging Bar Cabinet out of a laminated Meranti wood. See how they build it step by step so that you may be inspired to build your very own!
You will need:
|POF 1400 Router||Meranti 20mm PAR|
|PST 18 Jig saw||Top and bottom 870 mm x 190 mm – 2 pieces|
|PSR 1800 Cordless drill||left, right and middle upright slats 750 mm x 190mm – 3 pieces|
|Spray gun||Shelves 425 mm x 190mm – 4 pieces|
|Pex 220 sander||drawer front and back 382 mm x 120 mm – 2 pieces|
|Primo Sander||Drawer bottom 422 mm x 188mm – 1 piece|
|PTK 14 Tacker||Drawer sides 120mm x 188mm – 2 pieces|
|PMR 1 Router||Back support slats 50 mm x 910 mm – 2 piece|
|PCM 1800 Compound Mitre Saw||side inserts 560 mm x 360mm (grain in direction of long side)|
|Heat Gun||Wine rack front and back 350mm x 910 mm – 2 pieces|
|Dremel versaflame||Wine rack top and inside slate 150mm x 910 mm – 2 pieces|
|Wine rack slats 50mm x 1200 mm – 4 pieces|
|4mm masonite 910 x 1200mm – 1 piece.|
|Copper pipe 16mm – 1x 6mtr length cut to 1 mtr lengths ( x 6)|
|16mm copper elbows x 40|
|16mm copper end stops x 10|
|2 hole copper clamp/strap – 8 (to fasten copper pipe on the wall)|
|3-4mm mirrors (annealed on all edges)|
|423 mm x 343 mm – 2 pieces (hole drilled on 1 on top left corner, 1 drilled bottom left corner) 423 mm is top edge|
|423 mm x 147 mm – 1 piece (hole drilled on top right corner) 423 mm is top edge|
|423 mm x 173 mm – 1 piece|
|423mm x 197mm – 1 piece|
|Mirror hanging screw set x 4 screws|
|3.5 x 30mm screws|
|Double sided tape (1 roll for above mirrors)|
|Red teak oil|
Follow these steps:
- With your wood cut to size you can start marking and measuring
- Mark out for pilot holes where sides, top and bottom fit together
- Mark out and drill holes for copper pipes
- Assemble frame (sides, top and bottom.)
- Cut copper pipes to size
- Assemble shelves and copper pipes into frame
- Assemble drawer sides and bottom.
- Cut out handle on drawer front using a jig saw.
- Assemble front and back to bottom and sides.
- Wine rack (fits to the bottom of the shelving unit
- Draw out shape on paper and cut out front and back panel,
- Assemble front, back and top.
- Attach cross slats
- Fit support slats
- Attach to shelf above
- Draw and cut backing board to size and attach
- Sand and oil.
- Attach mirrors to backing board