Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Heat your deep fryer to 365°. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, bananas and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet into the dry and stir gently until just mixed.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- They will float to the surface when they are done.
- Flip them so they fry evenly.
- Drain on paper towels until ready to serve.
- Serve with caramel sauce for dipping.