Can be served with butter and strawberry jam or cream, and some icing sugar drizzled on the side
- 2 cups flour
- 125g butter
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5ml heaped baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180’C
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer and add mashed bananas
- Beat well and then add the eggs
- Sift flour and salt and add mixture with 1/4 cup water in which the soda has been dissolved
- Beat well and lastly add the baking powder
- Pour into greased loaf tin.
- Give it a shake to release any air bubbles and top with a line of whole pecan nuts running down the whole length of the loaf, for garnish.
- Bake for 1 hour on middle shelf of the oven.