Baked Whole Lemon Pudding
- 1 thin-skinned lemon
- 1½ cups (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 30g butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Cut the lemon into 8 pieces and remove any seeds.
- Place in a food processor with the sugar and process until very smooth.
- Add the butter, egg yolks, cream and cornflour and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 4 greased 1-cup capacity (250ml) ovenproof pie dishes.
- Bake for 22–24 minutes or until just set.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice-cream.