Baked Shroom Rice
Yields: 2 cups
BYOC: Use your favorite herb here and tailor this dressing to the meal or your family’s favorite flavors… fresh thyme oregano, basil, chervil, parsley, anything goes! Try serving this sweet and tangy dressing tossed with fresh baby spinach, a baby mesclun mix or even butter lettuce and blue cheese.
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 oz shiitakes mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over moderately high heat in a ovenproof saucepan melt butter until foam subsides. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rice and stir constantly until rice is coated and lightly toasted.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken stock and bring up to a boil.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook on middle rack in oven until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.