Baked Pumpkin And Sage Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 cups (400g) Arborio rice
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1.25 litres (5 cups) chicken stock
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 30g butter
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- Extra finely grated parmesan and fried sage leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat a large ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the sage and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, pumpkin and stock and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- The risotto will be quite liquid. Stir through the salt, pepper, butter and parmesan and stir for 2 minutes until the risotto thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan and fried sage leaves to serve.