When you crave a steak, nothing beats a steakhouse dinner. In this episode, Martha makes five of her favorite menu items: a classic martini, baked stuffed clams, porterhouse steak with a compound butter, and creamed spinach and baked potatoes. They’re all guaranteed to satisfy a big appetite.
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Cooked and coarsely chopped bacon, for serving (optional)
- Finely snipped chives, for serving (optional)
- Freshly grated cheddar cheese, for serving (optional)
- Unsalted butter, for serving (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 1 hour. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and break open by smashing on counter or breaking in half. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.