Baked Pears with Ginger
Baked Pears with Ginger & Fruit Compote
- 3 Bosc, d’Anjou or other pears
- 1/2 cup dark grape juice
- 1 cup apple juice, sugar free
- 1 tbls grated ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tspn ground allspice
- 1 tbls orange juice, sugar free
- 1/2 cup apple juice, sugar free
- 1/2 cup Buderim ginger, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup dried pears, organic
- 1/2 cup raisins, organic
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Bush Honey yoghurt or rice dream ice cream
- 2 tbls Shredded mint
- Core pear and peel lower half.
- In a bowl whisk together grape and apple juices, ginger cinnamon and allspice.
- Place the pears in a baking pan with the liquid.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Pour the liquid into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced to a syrup, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add the orange & apple juices, diced ginger, spices, salt and dried fruit.
- Stir well and simmer until fruit plumps up. This will take about 10 minutes. Cool in a metal bowl.
- Fill the holes in each pear with a little compote.
- To Assemble
- Pour about _ cup of liquid into each plate and stand a pear in the centre.
- Serve with yoghurt or rice ice cream.
- Garnish with mint