Serves: 4 as an appetizer
- 10–12 medium Jalapeños
- 1⁄4 lb (113 g) Lump crabmeat, picked through to remove any bits of shell
- 6 oz Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Shallot, medium sized, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Fresh lime juice
- 6 slices of Bacon for wrapping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut a slit down the length of each jalapeno pepper. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon (handle carefully so that they stay intact.) Set jalapeños aside.
- Combine crabmeat, cream cheese, shallot, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a food processor. Pulse briefly. Add parsley and cilantro and blitz again.
- Scoop mixture into a large plastic bag. Push the mixture into the cover of the bag and twist the top to make a piping bag. Cut the tip of the corner of the bag (not too big or too much filling will come out) and squeeze the mixture into the jalapeños, about 1 Tbsp (15 ml) each.
- Roll half a strip of bacon over each filled jalapeño. Skewer jalapeños and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for about 15 minutes, until bacon is crispy and jalapeños softened.