Bacon And Lentil Soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- ¾ cup (150g) red lentils
- 1.25 litres (5 cups) chicken stock
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Finely grated parmesan and sour cream, to serve
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, onion and bacon and cook for 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the thyme, lentils and stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils start to break down.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Ladle between bowls and top with parmesan and sour cream to serve.