- 400g Bacalhau, soaked cooked and flaked
- 2 Large Onions, sliced
- 50ml Olive Oil
- 1pkt Crisps
- 125ml Grated Cheese
- 50ml Breadcrumbs
- White Sauce:
- 30ml Flour
- 30g Butter
- 750ml Milk and cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 5ml mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the cod – boil, remove skin and bone and flake in large pieces
- Fry the onions in olive until just soft.
- Make the white sauce adding egg yolks and half cheese. Season to taste..
- Combine white sauce, onions, flaked cod, crisps , and place in a greased oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle with mixture of crumbs and cheese Bake @200c for 15 -20m