PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 15
SERVES: 4 servings
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots, cleaned, tops trimmed to 1/2-inch
- Sea salt, or other good finishing salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely diced crystallized ginger
- Freshly ground white pepper
- In a shallow saucepan, over low heat, add the carrots and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring the water to a simmer. Cover them with a parchment round set over and touching the simmering water to get a perfect steam. Remove carrots from the water when they are almost fork tender and drain.
- In a medium saute pan, over low heat, add the butter and stir in the chopped crystallized ginger. Allow the sugar from the ginger to melt into the butter, and then transfer the steamed carrots to the pan. Toss gently for approximately 2 minutes until the carrots are completely coated with the ginger butter. Finish with a pinch of salt and a crack of freshly ground white pepper. Serve immediately.