Asparagus and Heirloom Beets
- 3 red beets
- 3 orange beets
- 6 spears asparagus
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1pinch salt
- 1 knob of butter
- Cook the beets in the lightly salted water until soft; 15 minutes should do the trick.
- It’s nice if they are still a little firm.
- Remove them from the pot and cool them down. Skin the beets by rubbing it with your thumb, it should come off easily.
- Add the butter, zest, garlic, sugar and salt to a pot, as soon as the butter is melted add the asparagus and cover with greaseproof paper.
- Slowly cook the asparagus for 6 minutes.
- Perfect, that’s done…set aside