This week on Show Me How, Gloria Bastos is joined by Jacquie Van Zyl of Seedpod Studios. She shows us how to play with a variety of craft materials using paint, paper, stamps and ink to create texturised and decorative art. She will teach us various techniques including dry brushing, inking, embellishing, stamping, colour coding and so much more.
By Jacqui van Zyl
Seed Pod Studio
- Wooden blocks (Various Sizes)
- A variety of patterned paper
- Acrylic paints
- Alcohol inks
- Gel medium
- Acrylic Jewels and ceramic embellishments
- Scissors and craft knife
- Assorted rubber stamps
- Stamp pad
- Gel & Artists pens
- Paint brushes
Basic steps for Art Deco Blocks
- Step 1:Choose and cut papers to size, for background collage. Use your sponge brush to apply the gel medium to stick the paper to the blocks. Apply a thin even layer and push out and bubbles with your finger.
- Step 2:Allow the gel medium to dry completely before moving onto the next step. While your blocks are drying you can work on the other blocks; paint the background in a colour matching your ‘theme
- Step 3:You can use stamps to stamp designs onto your blocks as the background
- Step 4:You really can let your imagination run free with these Art Deco Blocks, you can do dry brushing techniques, random alcohol ink splotches and even doodle with pens.
- Step 5:When your blocks are complete spray them with a varnish sealant before you glue any of ceramic inserts or other embellishments. Your blocks are now ready to be used.
Take a closer look
Final Tiles Gallery id=18 does not exist