- 2 7oz. prepared puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) water, for egg wash
- 1 cup (240ml) apple butter
- ½ cup (120ml) toasted pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400oF (205oC).
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle.
- Cut the pastry into large squares.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl. Add water and whisk to combine.
- Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash L-corner of each square.
- Spoon apple butter onto center of square and spread.
- Add some chopped pecans and some crumbled gorgonzola.
- Fold un-brushed corner of pastry square over top of filling, pressing against corner with egg wash.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry with a fork.
- Brush pastry with egg wash.
- Pierce top of pastry a few times with a fork.
- Bake in the oven 20 minutes, or until golden brown.