Prep Time: 2min
Cook Time: 5min
- 6 slice(s) white bread (crusts removed)
- 1 ball(s) Mozzarella (cut into approx ½cm slices then strips)
- 125 ml Full fat milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) Plain flour
- 1 medium egg(s)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of Pepper
- 1 splash of olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Make sandwiches out of the bread and mozzarella, leaving a little margin around the edges unfilled with cheese, and press the edges together with your fingers to help seal. (One of the advantages of plastic bread is that it is easily wodged together.)
- Pour the milk into one soup bowl, the flour into another, and beat the egg with salt and pepper in another.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dunk the sandwiches briefly, one by one, in the milk, then dredge in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg. Fry in hot oil on each side till crisp and gold and remove to kitchen towel. Cut in half and apply to face.
- Additional information – for vegetarians make sure the mozzarella is made without animal rennet.