Pomegranate and Cranberry Salad
CHEF’S TIP: To roast almonds, place them on a baking tray. Toss with a drop of olive oil and some coarse salt. Roast in a preheated 140°C oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden. Cool before placing in the salad.
- 2 x 150g (5 oz) mixed packs of lettuce
- 125g (4 oz) soft dates, broken into pieces
- 1 orange, segmented
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 90g (3 oz) Danish feta, crumbled
- 250ml (1 cup) dried cranberries
- 125g (4 oz) fresh pomegranates
- 90g (3 oz) blanched almonds, roasted
- 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 45ml (3 tbs) balsamic glaze
- 80ml (⅓ cup) orange juice
- 15ml (1 tbs) white balsamic vinegar
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 10ml (2 tsp) orange rind
- coarse salt and black pepper
- Arrange salad ingredients on a platter. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
- For the Dressing: Whisk all ingredients together. Set aside until ready to use.