Sweet Shrimp with Chorizo and Onions
Emeril is having a party inspired by the tastes and smells of Spain. His philosophy is small bites can go a long way when you are entertaining a large crowd. So sit back and relax as Emeril shows us how to get the festivities started with these delicious tapas and wines that will get you out of the kitchen and into the party!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook: 3 minutes
Total: 23 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
- 1 pound (21 to 25 count) fresh shrimp, head on and unpeeled
- 1 cup sliced chorizo
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 whole boquerones (Spanish white anchovies), optional
- Heat a cast iron skillet over a high flame or heat until slightly smoking. Add the olive oil and quickly add the shrimp, chorizo, onion, shallot, garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt, and boquerones, if using or desired.
- Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.