Strawberries in Balsamic Vinegar
Join Nic as he shares some of his Grandma’s Secrets as he prepares Grandma’s Polenta and Ossobuco.
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place the strawberries in a large bowl and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Add the mint and vinegar and mix well.
- Let the mixture rest for 1 hour before serving.
For sharper sweet – and – sour contrasts, cook 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 3 tablspoons of sugar in a small nonstick saucepan until reduced by one third. Pour over the strawberries, add the mint, mix well and enjoy!