Squid Ring Tacos
Crumbed Squid Taco’s with a Herbed Tomato and Chili Salad
Makes 8 Tacos
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 400g Sea Harvest Crumbed Calamari Rings
- 1 red onion – Finely sliced Chinese style
- 250g Baby Rosa or Cherry tomatoes
- Large handful of coriander – Roughly torn
- 2 large Serrano Chilies’ – Thinly Sliced
- 3 large spring onions – Sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 120g baby corn – Thinly sliced
- 4 limes
- 20ml sugar
- 8 taco shells
- Canola oil – For frying
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra Limes – To garnish
- Preheat a deep fryer to 180°C or fill a medium sized pot 2/3 full of canola oil.
- Fry the calamari rings until golden, remove and drain on paper towel. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper and drizzle a small amount of lime juice from 2 limes over each piece. Continue frying until all the calamari is cooked.
- Combine the red onion, tomatoes, coriander, chilies, spring onion, baby corn, juice of 2 limes and sugar and mix well. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Build each taco with a few calamari rings and fill with the salad. Continue until all the tacos are filled then serve immediately.