Shallot, Arugula & Spinach Salad
Nick visits the cheese monger and the P-Patch and prepares Chicken Provolone with Tomato Sauce and a Salad with Spinach, Arugula & Shallots. Old school recipes made simple for today’s busy home chefs.
This recipe serves 4
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon C&H® or Domino®sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces baby arugula salad
- 3 ounces baby spinach salad
- 4 tablespoons red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 4 tablespoons yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 4 ounces shaved provolone cheese
- Mix the shallots and the vinegar in a bowl and marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Using a slotted spoon, take the shallots out and reserve them for later.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and sugar to the vinegar, then add the olive oil in a thin stream and whisk well until the mixture emulsifies into a thick dressing.
- In a larger bowl, combine the salad greens, peppers and reserved shallots, and dress with the dressing to your liking.
- Place the salad in serving dishes and top with shaved provolone.