Oyster Sauce Chicken Wings
Versatile and quick, chicken wings make an excellent snack before the main course or star attraction. For a sweeter version, replace the oyster sauce with sweet chilli sauce.
- GAS BRAAI
- KETTLE BRAAI DIRECT WOOD OR CHARCOAL FIRE
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 85 ml (1⁄3 cup) runny honey
- 100 ml oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried red chilli flakes
- 4 star anise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place the chicken wings in a large glass dish and pour over the marinade. Leave for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and cook over a hot fire for 8–10 minutes per side, turning frequently to prevent the wings from burning.
- Serve as a starter with lots of paper serviettes and a bowl for the bones.