My children love making these biscuits and they often bring these to school in their lunch boxes. These delicious biscuits have lots of oats in them so are relatively healthy and they are great with a cup of tea too!
Makes about 40
- 275g (11ozs) oats
- 110g (4ozs) plain flour
- 150g (6ozs) caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 225g (9ozs) butter, softened
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a food processor whiz the oats until they are quite fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whiz until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface until it’s about 5mm (¼ inch) thick.
- Cut into squares, circles or shapes with biscuit cutters and place on baking trays (no need to grease or line) and cook in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until pale golden and slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- These will keep well for 5 or 6 days in an airtight container and they freeze well too.