Honey Cheese Bake
Almost like a cheesecake, but without the base or the fuss when it comes to making it.
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cake flour
- 100 ml runny honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) brandy
- 500 g ricotta cheese or full-cream cream cheese
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon mixed with 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sugar, or icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Beat in the flour and add the honey, lemon juice and brandy.
- Fold in the cheese and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a 1-litre glass baking dish or baking tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before drizzling over a little runny honey and sprinkling with cinnamon sugar, or dusting with icing sugar.
- Serve warm or cold with a selection of fresh fruit or berries.