Summertime is in the air and there is nothing like putting together a meal outdoors. On this episode Emeril Lagasse invites you to his rooftop to show you how to prepare and cook, grill and dine al fresco. It’s fresh food fast in the fresh air.
Preptime: 5 minutes
Inactive Prep: 5 minutes
Cooktime: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- 1 pound large asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- In a shallow baking dish, toss the asparagus with the oil to coat well. Add the salt, and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the asparagus on the hot grill in a single layer, and cook, turning occasionally, until the spears are marked and tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a platter, sprinkle with the fresh lemon juice and minced garlic, and toss to combine.
- Cover the asparagus with aluminum foil and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings