Raisin and Cheese Breakfast Cake
- 80g sugar, plus 45ml (3 tbsp) extra for sprinkling
- 80ml (1/3 cup) butter, plus 30ml (2tbsp) extra for drizzling
- 1 extra-large egg
- 240g (2 cps) cake flour, plus 15ml extra for dusting
- 15ml (1tbsp) baking powder
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 175ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) raisins
- 250ml (1 cup) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 5ml (1tbsp) cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Cream together the sugar and butter, then beat in the egg. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients together with the milk, and mix well. Dust the raisins and the cheese with the extra flour, then fold into the batter. Spray a 20cm x 23cm square pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan.
- Combine the extra sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the cake. Melt the extra butter and drizzle over the cake.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with extra butter and a heap of crispy bacon.