Sesame Chicken Burgers with Ginger Mayo
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
- Oil, for frying
- Ginger mayonnaise:
- 250ml (1 cup) quality mayonnaise
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 6 burger rolls
- lettuce, to garnish
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and flatten lightly with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Combine the soy sauce, garlic, chilli and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Add the chicken, coat well and marinate for at least an hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dip in sesame seeds.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- For the ginger mayonnaise, mix the mayonnaise, fresh ginger, ground ginger and seasoning well.
- Serve the chicken on burger rolls with a generous dollop of mayonnaise, garnished with lettuce.