Barbecued Prawn Sticks with Roast Garlic Mayo
- Garlick Mayo
- 2 heads of garlic
- 500 ml quality mayonnaise juice of 1 small lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ml (2 tsp) curry paste
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) butter, melted
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) olive oil
- 24 large prawns in shell, head off, deveined and butterflied
- 24 wooden kebab sticks, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Start off by roasting the garlic whole over the fire until tender. Squeeze the garlic out of the cloves and mix with the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season to taste and set aside.
- Combine the curry paste with melted butter and oil and toss the prawns in this mixture. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Just before cooking the prawns, insert a wooden skewer upwards through the tail of each prawn, spreading the prawn on the stick.
- Cook over the fire for 3–5 minutes per side until lightly charred, brushing with the remaining curried butter and oil. Serve with the garlic mayo as a dipping sauce.